Crafty Christmas Countdown!

I have seen many a cute idea for advent calendars. In fact, I originally WAS going to finish a lovely pocket calendar made from a yard-sale 10 cent felt Christmas place-mat (say THAT 10 times fast!) but have been busy with other things that it probably won't end up getting done until after Christmas! In the event it does, I will be sure to post the victorious result.


I was also originally going to fill those felt pockets with papers listing Christmas activities to be done each day by my toddler and I (and the baby if he isn't sleeping, which he usually is, it seems) (and daddy too, if he miraculously happens to be home, which he usually isn't because it's nearing the end of the semester and he's got tests and papers and projects galore!)....but I knew we would be doing those fun cookie-baking, Christmas-light-looking, & Christmas-movie-watching activities anyways. And I couldn't come up with enough that I thought would be exciting for a 2 1/2 year old......so.......


Instead, I came up with this:


I put up a string (actually made from ribbon, since we didn't have any string...) and put 25 papers on it with clothespins. Each day until Christmas, I will put a few of the supplies for making a certain Christmas craft into the little white tub (which used to hold Duncan Hines whipped frosting....mmmmmm) and we will use the supplies to make said Christmas craft.


The reason I thought this would be good for us right now was that LM has had fun doing little projects lately, and it was something we could easily do each day amid all the other fun Christmas activites. AND.....(this is the best part).....since we recently moved across the country and left all our Christmas decor behind, we can fill our home and our Christmas tree with these priceless homemade treasures!

Yes, multi-tasking at it's finest.

The only catch is that I actually do not have 25 craft ideas in mind. Sadly I have not had a chance to be that organized yet. But my disorganization will allow for spontaneous creativity, a fine skill I believe. I want to try to use the supplies we have on hand and see what we get.

Interested to see what each day brings?

Me too!

Well, come along for the ride!

1 comment:

Ambrosia said...

You are too cool, Linda. I was just thinking we needed to do more crafting and, lo and behold, I find your new blog. I am inspired and impressed!! What a fun mom you are!

Easy Frog Craft for Kids

Summer is in full swing....and ending all too quickly! If you're kids have any bored days where they are jumping off the walls l...