Pom-Pom Owls


We read Wow! Said the Owl, by Tim Hopgood and made our own little owls.

I happened to have found a package of black pom-poms in a clearance bin at my local craft store several months ago. I really didn't know what I'd use them for. Hoo'd a thought they'd turn out like this? ha!
 I know. I know. You think I'm a hoot.
hoo hoo!

Anyways, if you want to make some, you can find pom poms in any craft store. (These are about 2" or so.)
I cut out the yellow eye circles, beak and feet using felt and we glued them on.
Then we glued the googly eyes on.
And I tried to give them owl ears by pinching the pom poms a bit.

5 comments:

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

What a cute craft! Thank you for joining WMCIR!

Love and Lollipops said...

Very cute! Looking forward to checking out your blog!

Anonymous said...

What kind of glue did you use? Elmer's school glue???

Little Family Fun said...

Yup. Elmer's Glue worked great! :)

Anonymous said...

Great idea...did you cut part of the pom pom off around the edge to make the 'ears' stick up a bit?

Easy Frog Craft for Kids

Summer is in full swing....and ending all too quickly! If you're kids have any bored days where they are jumping off the walls l...